Need something tasty and easy to prepare that's packed with tons of nutritional value? Here's a delicious, classic recipe and a quick all-day meal to incorporate veggies without the kids (and kids-at-heart) knowing it!
- 4 pieces eggplants
- 1 small onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- half-pound ground pork/beef (optional)
- 1 cup carrot, minced
- 2 eggs, cracked
- 1 cup panko bread
- Grill the eggplant until the color of the skin turns almost black. You may also boil this for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the eggplant cool for a while then peel off the skin and remove head.
- Place the eggplant on a flat surface and flatten it with a fork.
- In a bowl, put the flattened eggplant and put all the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything.
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil.
- Create patty-size mixture and fry on both sides over medium heat (each side will take you 3-4 minutes to fry).
This recipe is a staple in our household and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Let us know what you think!