Father's Day is just around the corner and what better way to honor our everyday hero than to prepare them a hearty breakfast.
This month, we celebrate all the dads, Grandpas and all those who filled out the role of a Father in you or your child's life with unconditional love. Try this quick and fulfilling recipe or check out the link at the end to have more ideas that will suit the king of the house (you know them best!). Cheers!
- 2 pcs. boiled eggs, peeled (preferably half-set yolk or cooked for 6 minutes)
- 1 pc. cracked egg
- 1/4 kilo ground meat (beef or pork)
- 1pc. carrot, minced
- 1 pc. green bell pepper, cubed
- 4 pcs. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/8 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the ground meat, carrot, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cracked egg and bread crumbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Cut the boiled eggs into half.
- Get a spoonful of the mixed meat, shape it like the other half of the boiled egg and put on top of a halved boiled egg.
- Repeat process #4 until all the halved eggs are assembled.
- In a small deep frying pan, heat the oil. When it reaches between 325 and 375 degrees. slowly drop the egg-meat balls one piece at a time.
- Remove when the meat has cooked through (approximately 10-15 minutes in a medium heat).
- Serve with coffee and grilled cheese sandwich on the side or his favorite bagel and cream.
Looking for more? Check out these awesome ideas as well!