Sometimes cooking healthy can require a lot of work and when you are tight on time, you might forgo the healthy meal in favour of convenience. That is why it is so nice when you find recipes that are both healthy and time saving. This recipes from Damn Delicious is one of them. Everything goes in one pan, so clean up is a breeze. It also works well if you have a crowd, just use a large cooking sheet or 2 if you have smaller ones.
This recipe has a great source of protein in the chicken, vitamin A & C with the peppers and the onions have great antioxidants qualities. You can also add some good fats by having avocados as one of your toppings. If you have leftovers throw them on top of your favourite lettuce mix and you have a salad for dinner the next night. Super easy. Enjoy!
S H E E T PA N C H I C K E N FA J I TAS
yield: 6 S E RV I N G S prep time: 2 0 MI N U T E S cook time: 2 5 MI N U T E S total time: 4 5 MI N U T E S
SHEET PAN DINNER! The quickest meal you can make with amazingly tender chicken + crisp-tender veggies with the easiest clean-up!
I N G R E D I E N T S :
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 6 (8-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
D I R E C T I O N S :
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1 1/4
3. Place chicken, bell peppers, onion and garlic in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir
in olive oil and chili powder mixture; gently toss to combine.
4. Place into oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and
the vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
5. Serve immediately with tortillas.
This delicious recipes comes from the Damn Delicious website so if you like this one and want to check out more, here is the link Damn Delicious