As summer is upon us, I am looking for recipes that do not require a lot of cooking time. I want something fast and light. These wraps fit the bill. They are easy to make and taste great.
It is also easy to change it up with this recipe by swapping the butter iceberg lettuce out for savoy cabbage and steaming them or changing up the vegetables to matchstick carrots and mushrooms. I have tried these a few different ways and really like them all. Time to get your creative juices flowing.
They also taste great cold for lunch the next day or if you just have the filling leftovers, you can make some rice and throw together for a fast stir-fry dinner.
Whatever your choice of ingredients, I hope you enjoy this simple, healthy meal!
Recipe from Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps - iFOODreal
30 Minute Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps with chicken cooked in tasty savory sauce and loaded up on crispy lettuce leaves.
Course: Dinner Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 servings Calories: 301kcal Author: Olena Osipov
1.5 lbs chicken breast diced
1 small onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 inch knob ginger minced
1 small zucchini diced
1 small bell pepper diced
1 cup cashews coarsely chopped
2 green onion sprigs chopped
1/4 cup cold water
2 tbsp soy sauce I used aminos
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 head of butter iceberg or Romaine lettuce, leaves separated
1 tbsp avocado or any oil for frying
1. Make sure all ingredients are chopped and ready.
2. Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and add cashews. Pan fry until toasted, stirring constantly. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Return skillet to medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, garlic and ginger; cook for 1minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Right before chicken is done cooking, in a small bowl add cold water, soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar and cornstarch; whisk with a fork. Add to the chicken long with zucchini and bell pepper; cook for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened. Stir in cashews and green onions.
6. Serve chicken lettuce wraps immediately. To assemble, use 2-3 stacked lettuce leaves (depending on its thickness) and spoon desired amount of filling on top. If someone is very hungry, serve over a bed of brown rice or quinoa.
Store: Refrigerate filling in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat on a skillet before assembling lettuce wraps. You can also refrigerate washed lettuce leaves wrapped in linen towel for up to 3 days.
Instead of chicken breast you can use diced chicken thighs, and ground chicken or ground turkey. Enjoy!
Calories: 301 kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 801mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1660IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3mg